First of all, thank you very much for helping us improve the Heavy Metal Machines experience. In order to fix a bug, we’ll need as much information as you can provide, here is a general guideline of things that will help us:
- The rate in which the problem occurs (once, super rare, rare, sometimes, 100%)?
- Steps to reproduce the problem.
- What were you doing when the problem occurred.
Please make sure to also screenshot or record a video for everything, these along with the logs are the most important things.
If you need help getting the DxDiag, PingPlotter, and logs, check this article on how to acquire it:
This file will tell us more about your computer status. To acquire it, please type DxDiag in your windows search bar and press enter. Then click on “Save All Information…”
This should generate a DxDiag.txt file, attach that file to your ticket.
This test is designed to give us information about your connection route to our servers – even if your connection is fine to other servers, there might be a problem in the route between your PC and our servers or inside our servers’ network, and this will help us diagnose it. Please make sure that you run this test while you are having issues with the game.
- Download and install PingPlotter here.
- Run it after installing, and please configure it like this for the first test:
- The address will depend on which region are you playing at; it is 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 for Europe and 184.108.40.206 for South America and 220.127.116.11 for North America.
- Interval should be 1 second.
- Focus should be all.
- Press the green arrow and let it run until the Count reaches 300.
- Now click on “File”, “Save Image…” and save it as .png. Attach that image to the ticket.
- Now re-do the test with the same configuration except for the address, which should be live.heavymetalmachines.com. Attach that test to the Ticket as well as a .png image.
There are two different kinds of logs that we’ll need. The first and most simple one is the output_log file.
- Go to the folder where HMM is installed, then open the “HMM_Data” folder and attach the output_log file to the ticket. Please note that this log is rewritten every time you open the game, so save the one right after you have the issue.
Now we’ll need the Game Logs.
- Go to the folder where HMM is installed and open the “logs” folder. There will be two different kinds of logs, “log-date.txt” and “clientApi_date.txt”. Please select all the recent ones, from when you had issues, and attach them to the ticket in a .zip/.rar/.7z file.
- The logs are dated in the following format: “log-yyyyMMdd-HHmmss-xxx.txt” and “clientApi_yyyy_MM_dd_HH_mmss_x.txt”.
If you have any issues in getting those files let us know (email@example.com) and we can assist you!