Sign in to follow this  
Sath

Suggestions for the Upgrade Shop

Hello everyone,

With the recently announced Combat Test, the upgrade shop from the matches will be deactivated, as the character's upgrades will be integrated with each character, so you don't need to choose what to buy during the match. However, this does not mean we will not bring it back. We are 100% open to hear all your suggestions about possible changes for this feature in the future.

This topic will be used exclusively to collect new ideas and suggestions about the upgrade shop, so don't hesitate to post it here. All ideas are welcome!

BUILDS TREE INCREASE: This is a request from many and I had an idea that would make it more balanced, the tree would be based on weapon levels and you could only raise the level if you buy the two upgrades of that weapon, what do you mean? For example, Wildfire if you buy the Heated to the Core ability and the Feeding the Devil for example, would open a new tab with two improvements based on each improvement of Wildfire you bought (of course at a slightly saltier price)

I'm not really into increasing complexity of the builds tree. As HMM is much more fast paced game than most of mobas, you have less time for shopping. Builds combinations range is already quite big (read: big enough) to make it elastic enough, but not overloaded.

On the other hand, at the point just before introducing Combat Test I think that deleting the shop and metal is unnecessary and makes me really really afraid about level of enjoyment from building your pilot. The secondary interceptor of our team (and my wife, but it's a accessory detail :P ) claim that you guys try to hard a little bit...

The happy medium, imho, would be making shopping even faster and more intuitive. Afaik, there was a lot of feedback complaining about lack of upgrades preview during shopping/viewing submenus between matches.

________

Just for now, why the shop STRUCTURE (not shopping pace) is good as it is? Because it allows the player to adapt to specific situation. In harder, longer matches sometimes I dynamically change my builds even 6 times per whole match, depending what are our and opponents' metas and how the opponents do during the match. For example: Little Monster is basically the Trans. However, she can be played different in some situations - sometimes you need to support your team's damage, so you buy the skill making whole team jumping (i don't remember the title... whatever). Sometimes there comes a match, when you step upon a player who don't know how to play (nicely titled as newcomer, however high-level players do stupid things aswell... that's thing what I highlighted in my topic in Beta Discussion).
You start the match without a Support - it's very often a pain in the ass, seriously. And then, if you have Little Monster as a Transporter, you can take the upgrade making Devouring Maw healing nearby enemies. With Wildfire which bought Devouring Flame you can feel a bit safer in that hard situation...

You can choose, if you play as a "glass cannon", or more technically, which is really fun and makes game really easier. Really!
Implementing just arbitrary chosen upgrates permamently to characters will make players less adaptive.

I know, you say you want to make the game harder to master, but easier to understand... maybe it's good idea, but the idea of removing the shop is, at least to me and Avanine (greetings from Chaos Works) is a one step to far into this philosophy. It just sounds like emptiness in gameplay and just now we are looking forward it with some fear...

But to be honest and fair, we will wait and judge (full metal judge!) you during the Test. Be sure I will write some feedback in the name of our whole team.

The shop was fine, most games of this type have shops that take time to learn.

It should be added back in, and doesn't even need to be changed much. No one stops playing Heavy Metal Machines because it is too difficult. They stop playing because they either do not like the controls, or there are not enough players online.

Guys, thank you for your insight on this matter.

We're currently working on a rework for our upgrade shop, as you might have seem we speak about on the videos and we plan on bringing it back.

And I'm glad you guys took your time to write here.

We already gathered this info and forward it to the right people :D

Game is much better without buying because u dont have the time to use it.

If people want some customization.  Maybe a skilltree would be nice, where you could skill different things before the game

well, we're now after the CT ^^ and i think that 15 seconds is way enough to buy upgrades =)

i think Devs have to put it again in the game, as it was, and so new people that joined during the CT will be able to make feedbacks too. Some of those people were playing a bit before the CT and so the still ask "when will this feature come back"...

i think this is the best way to process : bring back the old upgrade system for a week or 2, then gather fresh feedbacks and then act quickly to be able to bring a good upgrade system.

i already told Hoplon'staff to do this thing :
- create a 3D modelized garage in wich we will be able to modify our cars.
-> modifythe weels to be more or less stuck on the road
-> modify weapons and other mecanic stuffs......

-> modify the upgrade trtee with skills we want (and so out of a game this way people will have plenty of time to analyse those upgrades)

-> modify the apparence of the car

and some other ideas i had.

Now i came here, i hope i'll have consideration or, at least, feedback from Hoplon like a real feedback-discussion ;)

May the Metal God Be With You

I'm going to be honest with you, I really think it would be better to erase the upgrade shop as a whole. If you bring it back, the game's not going to be as skill-dependent as it used to. It just feels like if it comes back, everything's gonna depend on those upgrades, and if you're on a team with less cash, your odds of winning are gonna be extremely slim. The game feels entertainingly competitive as it is, and I feel like this might ruin it.