Sign in to follow this  
MarbleKing

Remove minimum requirements lock!

I was so excited to play this game! The entire time from me discovering it, to waiting for my key, to downloading the game I was watching gameplay, looking up all the characters, interacting with members of the community, and sharing the game with my friends. 

That was until I launched it and the game told me I couldn't run it? Now I don't know a supercomputer, I can't afford it. I'm not a rich man and I will be the first to admit that! I play on a computer from 2008 but I tell you what, I make it work! I've gotten games to run on it through tweaking settings. Games like Heroes of the Storm, Life is Strange, and other modern games with considerably good graphics! Not only that, but the framerate from the main menu behind the shutdown notice looked to be fine, and if the game was a bit slower than I needed I could play the game windowed! 

I really don't believe the developers should be making the decision for us if we can and can't play the game. Hell, I'd much rather the game run like shit so I can see it for myself rather than I am sitting here wondering exactly what I could possibly do?! 

Now I know you are doing that because "you want your beta testers to not have hardware problems". However I think that is highly anti-consumer and anti-gamer. It does more harm than good because now you got waves of players like me who are having issues and are bringing it up to your attention as though players with fps issues would of as well. 

Anyways at the risk of me not rambling. I'm humbly asking you to remove the hardware lock, and let us decide for ourselves if our computer can or cannot run the game. Not everybody is lucky enough to be able to afford a nice computer. I got bills to pay, and not even good games to play!  I really wanted to play this game! I hadn't been this excited for a long time! TOTAL BUMMER! 

Remove the minimum requirement lock! o.O

Untitled.png

Hey there @MarbleKing, currently we do have a cap that does not allow you to play the game if you fail a hardware check for the minimum requirements because we are in a state of the beta that we need the feedback and bug reports to come from computers that we know for sure can handle the game. Once we are past that stage, we will definitely be removing that cap and letting everyone try for themselves to see if they need to tweak the graphics and other options to run the game.

We are also working on optimization for the game, and have reduced the graphics card requirement quite a bit already since the first version was released. We plan to keep reducing those requirements as the Closed Beta goes on until we remove them altogether. We understand how frustrating it is, I have had this problem with many PC games in the past while having a GeForce 400 series [GT & GTX] graphics card, in which I went through hell to get them and nothing worked for my computer.

I appreciate your passion for wanting to play the game, we've worked hard on it and are working diligently to have the game playable for everyone. :)

Edited by AJ_