AJ_

Are video games aimed mainly at children, adolescents or adults?

I can agree with that. Games like "The Witness, The Talos Principle and Obduction", puzzle games that they are, are directed kind of towards that of the adolescent mind.

• Upvote 1

i think that videogames are aimed to all ages, but this depends on what kind of game is, more fast paced games are aimed to teens, adolescents, games more slow and chill are aimed more for adults (like euro truck simulator)

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2017 at 10:16 AM, Vithor14 said:

i think that videogames are aimed to all ages, but this depends on what kind of game is, more fast paced games are aimed to teens, adolescents, games more slow and chill are aimed more for adults (like euro truck simulator)

Haha I love the fact that you can be a simulated Truck Driver. If you could name your character...I would call mine Earl :D 

On 12/1/2016 at 5:03 PM, Brick3D said:

I can agree with that. Games like "The Witness, The Talos Principle and Obduction", puzzle games that they are, are directed kind of towards that of the adolescent mind.

I really like the graphics in The Witness as well as the puzzle aspect of the game - it's pretty chill and I could see how this would directed towards adolescent minds, but I think Puzzle games are aimed more for adults who just want to do something with their time away from "adulting". I think more action packed games like ARK, Prey, even Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind are geared for adolescent minds nowadays. 

• Upvote 1

All ages, 
Especially in the last years, there's so much game types, that any one could find a game to expend some time.
But, every game has its own target audience.

People like me who were born along with the games in the 80's / 90's are the ones who take it more nostalgically, jumping in games that has an "oldschool" feeling.

Nowadays the visual appeal has a lot of weight, before it was the pure gameplay, and I think the industry loses a little of above 30 year's group, because visual is not everything for us who grew up playing fun things over top graphics.

I'm really enjoying HMM because of that mix, 4 me it's the same feeling I had when I played Rock`n Roll Racing back. Nostalgic of the past with elements of today's games, like, upgrades, moba, etc.
It's great and have a lot of potential.

I think there are certain games that can be only for the kids, and certain only for the youth. On the other side, playing games have many benefits both for children and youngster. As it increases our multitasking skills as we have to do a lot in a game while playing. It also increases our gaming skills while with friends.

HMM is the perfect combination of both.?