davi_cm

Ideas, new content, adjustments

Metal Gladiators, the Metal gates are open, we want to know your suggestions, What do you want as a new content? (arenas, game modes, characters) WE WANT TO KNOW EVEEEEERYYYYTHING

14kryj.gif

Oh, I would LOVE to have new caracters and cars. I discovered the game yesterday and I was looking for a game like this for years! 

I have 3 ideas of vehicles :

Firefighter (support) - Fire truck

Shotgun Man (offense) - Dark Muscle car

Airport man (transport) - Airport Tug

Names are lame, but I'm sur devs will know how to name them !

Peace, and i love this game !

Edited by Roadhog

Hey! I got one idea!

I'd like to see some improvements in leaderboard.

We have already seen that healing and damage categories were quite easy to abuse. Any small group of people could easily beat the highest score, discouraging good players to put effort into the game trying to earn the 1st place in their category.

So, those 2 got removed for some time and we were left with only one category - bomb delivery.

Now, this one seems pretty fair... but fellow players already noticed how others can create a full team of twinks and enter the queue with them to acquire easy wins = easy bombs deliveries = easy 1st place. More than that, it is possible that several people might play one account during the day, making it even more unfair...

Considering these 2 facts, I would like to suggest to add a "time window" when the amount of bombs delivered would actually count for leaderboard and in any other times it wouldn't. For example, it can be a time window when the most players come to play HMM daily. Or even bigger window, to encourage them playing in different time (earlier the pick time or later).

Also, this would allow a somewhat fair fight for the 1st place in bomb delivery category. Giving all participants the time to meet and face each other, making this a real competition.

Currently, it's nothing more than "I have more time and twinks so I can dominate this category". No competition at all.

Hope to see it somehow implemented. Someday ;)

A new arena would be nice. Maybe one with wider areas that would enable different types of damage dealing and bomb stealing strategies to show up.

After that a new game mode sounds good. Maybe a long waited racing mode or even a different taste of the bomb delivery mode, with a time bomb that would kill the carrier if he took long enough to deliver, for example.

Edit: Perhaps even a 2 bombs mode where both teams have to deliver a bomb at the same goal. Maybe with that there would be possible to work on wider courses with some bifurcations instead of a single way.

Also, how about a "rematch" option on casual games where we actually get to choose to play against the same team if everyone agrees?

Edit: I'm thinking you could also deliver some more specific missions, you know? Something that would actually feel like a challenge every week, like "Deliver a final hit to a Little Monster", "Steal the bomb when it's only x meters close to your own goal" or "Cause the most healing in a match". I say this cause, the way things are right now, we basically have to play matches to complete missions, so none of them feel like some kind of challenge.

Edited by Phelx

New content? Well... I imagine that a new machine is underway; one more season, and then the whole community would surely get angsty. 

I'd be in for a new arena (or an improvement to the old ones, for that matter). I was thinking of a way to make the bomb-to-goal tradition feel more like racing, and I came up with this idea: for one half of the map, which is generally a line, the teams will have to get through a racing track where the place is cluttered with obstacles (scrap overflow?), land hazards (polluted water, uneven ground, muddy water...), shortcuts, and aggressors that appear over time (miniature beasts of the apocalypse?). During this area, players that die will be sent back to the beginning, but the design of the  map allows players to catch up, even if they mess up near the end. When a machine makes it to the halfway mark, where the bomb is, players can now spawn as normal (to lock the area, make the spawning cage auto correct to the start, but then this area opens when the first team member makes it there). From there, that place (which harbors a shredder space, by the way) has a more treacherous road, where the bomb gravitates to the middle of the road, which is a river that brings anything it catches moving to the bomb's starting area, but to a transporter would be considered the final sprint to the finish line, where the two goals sit at opposite sides of each other at close proximity. There can be an "overtime" mechanic where the river goes upwards if things take a seemingly long time; there is much you can do  with new maps, all things considered! 

Lorewise, it could be hosted by maximatics, and located at the east of Metal City; with an agreement with the oddly less discrete sect of metal (see season 7 and season 3), it can be managed; maximatics can be seen to be trying to go all in this time around. 

I'd like to see lore back into the game. preferably unlockable through the use of metal pass; it was a lot of fun doing those, and now that it's much more possible to get to level 50, would definitely like to see it.

It would be great to see some daily challenges specifically for ranked mode, where it requires people to play machines a certain way or do something really well with a specific machine. There would always be one challenge available for each machine; more can be done if you have more machines. If it's a statistical value, it would be cool if there was a leaderboard to show how well other people did on that as well.

There are many other things, like public custom matches that can be configured to a player's favor, fame betting in custom or metal league games, and a better tutorial module, but just these is a good way to get things rolling.

How hard would it be to pitch a vehicle idea for heavy metal machines like a snow mobile with an eskimo that has snow moves like one might be a enemy control move makes them spin out like killer j's moves but they travel in a straight line in the direction they were going such as a ice patch or maybe a snow ball move that slows enemies down slightly for a period of time with a freezing bleed effect that compounds upon each hit their might be a deep snow mound enemies plow through and slow down the special might be an avalanche like bulldozers tremble but wider and a longer distance if it hits enemy it lows them down but if it hits a friend/teammate it speeds them up like helping them out of the avalanche to help them get ahead any thoughts and or constructive critisizm is greatly appreciated just saw new charicter slots not being used thought id send an idea your way thank u for your consideration i look forward to your reply

Hello halind322, 

Thank you for your character suggestion. In the last year we were very heavily involved in making HMM available for consoles (PS4 & XBOX as well as next gen consoles) - the release of which should happen within the first quarter of this year. This meant that we had to focus all our developing efforts on this task, and it wouldn't allow us to create more in-game content. This being said, now that this is about to be over we will be focusing our time on new content, and Machine creation will be part of this. Many of our players suggest new Machines on a weekly basis. You can check them out in this link here:
https://www.heavymetalmachines.com/forum/en/index.php?/forum/28-new-items-and-characters-suggestions/

We cannot promise that any of these suggestion will be actually implemented one to one, however they may be used as an inspiration by our Game Designers. Feel free to check out some of the other suggestions that have been submitted, to see the format that they come in usually. 

Also, have you joined our Discord Server yet? It is a great place to get in touch with us directly and to meet the rest of the HMM Community. Just click on the link below and become a part! 
https://discordapp.com/invite/heavymetalmachines

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions! 
See you in the Arena, 
Xanthos

On 1/27/2021 at 4:22 PM, Xanthos said:

Hello halind322, 

Thank you for your character suggestion. In the last year we were very heavily involved in making HMM available for consoles (PS4 & XBOX as well as next gen consoles) - the release of which should happen within the first quarter of this year. This meant that we had to focus all our developing efforts on this task, and it wouldn't allow us to create more in-game content. This being said, now that this is about to be over we will be focusing our time on new content, and Machine creation will be part of this. Many of our players suggest new Machines on a weekly basis. You can check them out in this link here:
https://www.heavymetalmachines.com/forum/en/index.php?/forum/employee monitoring/28-new-items-and-characters-suggestions/

We cannot promise that any of these suggestion will be actually implemented one to one, however they may be used as an inspiration by our Game Designers. Feel free to check out some of the other suggestions that have been submitted, to see the format that they come in usually. 

Also, have you joined our Discord Server yet? It is a great place to get in touch with us directly and to meet the rest of the HMM Community. Just click on the link below and become a part! 
https://discordapp.com/invite/heavymetalmachines

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions! 
See you in the Arena, 
Xanthos

cool! this is very good news! I hope to see a lot of new things soon!!! ?

• Like 1