Sign in to follow this  
Guest Harkness

A Goodbye Letter from Harkness

Guest Harkness

Hey there! Metalheads.

It's been a long, wild ride, hasn't it? From the early days when intentional servers weren't even available, and we had a Brazilian community and when we officially launched them started speaking English with you all until our very last moment together.

It has been a pleasure and a thrilling experience serving alongside this Community, but the time has come for our paths to divert and for me to take my leave. I will take with me and cherish each and every moment we had together - the jokes, the talks over discord, the Community nights. Even the crazy days when we had server issues, the long hours and the times when the problems broke into the dawn, it was all worth for building this Community of passionate people around Heavy Metal Machines. I remember you all, the early day Brazilians who have been with us through thick and thin, or the very first Streamers who joined us after TwitchCon and the Russians who came when we opened the game on Steam, thank you. And special thanks to our Community Herald, you guys rock!

HMM will continue on, ever growing and expanding. I hope to see this rough diamond polished into a beautiful eSports gem alongside you all, so keep your feedback coming, keep engaging, and above all, helping and playing with each other. Be nice, teach others and let us create a more respectful gaming environment together, wherever we are. And as always, remember the human on the other side.

As I write this today, I have in mind this is my last day at Hoplon. I know that new, equally exciting and terrifying challenges await for me ahead. Fret not. I'm sure we'll still bump into each other in this crazy big online world of gaming. Or as one Hoplon colleague of mine said once, this wild jungle that is life.

This is Harkness,
over and out.