Hey Metalheads!

I hope everyone is having a spooky Halloween!

I wanted to get the communities thoughts on how the beta is going so far? I know a ton of you have been streaming and posting to YouTube about your thoughts on the game, but I thought that I would start a thread here on the website so we can all meet on a common ground. Here are some things that I have heard most of you talk about:

1. .psd Graphics. - They are coming loves. We have some of our art team working on various items for the game and publication on social media. I hope you all understand that Rome wasn't built in a day...and art creation is even more time staking. 
  2. In-game celebration of North American holidays. - We are working on incorporating a little bit of the holidays into this game. 
  3. Double XP events - We are working on a few dates for our Double XP events [NA holidays as well as Stream events], either with myself, Harkness, or both! We want you and your community to gain as much XP during these times, but we first have to discuss this. We should have an answer for you all this week.

That's pretty much it! If you have any suggestions or if I have missed anything, please comment here and help a sister out! 

Stay safe this Halloween!

l3vRfhFD8hJCiP0uQ.gif

• Upvote 1

Hey AJ.

The game is great with its drivers and their unique playstyles. The current problems at the moment that I have is that: Firstly, I'm still having situations when i'll get the bug with bomb going over the enemy flag still not being registered and causing the game to break. Also at the end of Co-op vs. bots game, it doesn't display the car driving around the statue as it crumbles to peices. Also I don't if lots of people play the PvP option in Europe region but as it seems to queue for about 5 or so minutes and still not find a game.

Other than that, this game is great and I look forward to the future of this game and how it changes. Excited to see what new mechanics get added and if you guys add any interesting gamemodes.

Would it also be possible to get some beta keys? 

I know that it can seem rude to ask but I suggested this game to discord I am in and 8 of them were interested to play but weren't able to because of it already being closed beta.

Hey Brick3D, thank you for your feedback! When you say

bomb going over the enemy flag still not being registered and causing the game to break

do you mean when you score a goal to the opposing teams side? 

At the end of the game when the statue crumbles, no vehicle is shown because the match is over. As for your question of lack of people to play with, it might be the times that you are getting online to play? If you need someone to play the game with, try our discord channel  or on the steam forums, there are always people looking to play on those platforms.

Asking for keys is definitely not rude, the more the merrier!! For more of our keys. just follow this link here

I hope I was able to help you with all your questions. 

<3 AJ

b5M8VvWoy0abe.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes it did, Thank-you.

Another question, Do you guys at HMM plan on adding any maps to change up the course at which operaters have to drive round the circuit to get to the enemies flag?

Glad I could help :)

Currently, we are working on additional maps to add to the game when we move from closed beta to open beta. 

• Upvote 1

Will you guys at Hoplon be able to one day add custom games in HMM? 

I was just wondering as after you told me how to get more people to join, we have been wanting to play against one another 4 vs 4.

Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

Guest Harkness

Yes, Custom Games will be added (It's needed, especially for competitive).

As of now, when you queue as a full party of four people, the game will try to match you against another party of four people, so that is something you could do. Organize both parties, queue them both at the same time, and you'll be matched against each other. The same is true for other sizes, like two parties of two people each.

I would to have some help in understanding something. I have only played a couple of Clunker and I can understand the advantages of using him in specific situations. However I am quite puzzled by his W - Thunder Tow, as on a couple occasions I would use the ability and it would display that it had missed its target but after the abilities animation it would appear that I have the target with the W. If when Clunker's Thunder Tow misses a target, is it possible to catch an enemy when the skillshot returns to the car or is this a bug?

Guest Harkness

It will latch onto anyone it hits during its path, both extension and retraction. So, working as intended! :)

Hey, just a little suggestion i had, although skills of characters do feel different, the cars are kinda pretty much the same to drive, while playing i didn't really notice any of them being faster, more agile, or really that much more durable.

It would be really nice if cars had more varying stats, like Wildfire and Black lotus (especially black lotus) having noticeably better acceleration and being more agile than others at expense of being more fragile because those are smaller cars, on other hand, cars like Rampage and Little Monster should have worse acceleration (but maybe higher maximum speed?) and turn a little slower, but with wayyy more health compared to others.

I also have one question, will there ever be community translation projects? I'm pretty sure there would be people willing to help translate game to their native language (I sure would) and it could greatly expand potential playerbase (i really want to recommend this game to my friends when it reaches open beta, but they barely understand English so they would have trouble playing without game being translated to Polish first).

So yeah, that's kinda all i wanted to say, except some minor visual bugs (my fame value sometimes doesn't change after i get bonus and displays actual value only after i restart game or buy something) and stuff freezing during match sometimes (though that's probably because LTE i use is not most stable connection ever) everything seems to work perfectly fine, can't wait to see how this game develops.

Edited by J_S_S

On 12/4/2016 at 8:40 PM, J_S_S said:

Hey, just a little suggestion i had, although skills of characters do feel different, the cars are kinda pretty much the same to drive, while playing i didn't really notice any of them being faster, more agile, or really that much more durable.

It would be really nice if cars had more varying stats, like Wildfire and Black lotus (especially black lotus) having noticeably better acceleration and being more agile than others at expense of being more fragile because those are smaller cars, on other hand, cars like Rampage and Little Monster should have worse acceleration (but maybe higher maximum speed?) and turn a little slower, but with wayyy more health compared to others.

I also have one question, will there ever be community translation projects? I'm pretty sure there would be people willing to help translate game to their native language (I sure would) and it could greatly expand potential playerbase (i really want to recommend this game to my friends when it reaches open beta, but they barely understand English so they would have trouble playing without game being translated to Polish first).

So yeah, that's kinda all i wanted to say, except some minor visual bugs (my fame value sometimes doesn't change after i get bonus and displays actual value only after i restart game or buy something) and stuff freezing during match sometimes (though that's probably because LTE i use is not most stable connection ever) everything seems to work perfectly fine, can't wait to see how this game develops.

Hey @J_S_S, Thanks for your feedback!

We have been getting a lot of ideas about the cars. When it comes to being faster, it's not about how the cars appear on screen...it's about how you use the updgrades in your garage to make them more powerful. There are certain buffs in the garage that will allow the vehicle that you pick to be resilient to attacks or produce a bigger blow to your opponents; it's all about how you play. We are also working diligently on making the cars drive differently [i.e. your example with Little Monsters turn radius].

As for the translations, we are currently expanding to various countries and working on getting our game [and website] translated in various languages. We are still in closed beta and we are gathering various countries at once. Unfortunately, Rome was not built in a day. ;) 

For the bug of not obtaining your bonuses or FAME - this is a well known issue that we are currently working on. It could possibly be your LTE or just a common bug. 

In all, we thank you for your feedback, it is highly appreciated. 

One quick issue I am seeing with the game that I don't like is, chat is blocked way too much after a match.  You can never see the chat window unless you hit 'enter' and it's impossible to chat post game.  I want to be able to talk to people and, considering how short matches already are, you need to leave the chat window open at all times.

Also, not being able to look at upgrades during the match into also sucks.  You have little to no time to think about what you want at the start of a match before it begins.  After seeing the intro enough times, I don't need to be locked into it EVERYTIME.  Please fix some of these issues.

(...also.... it's not Christmas anymore.  You know what I mean)

Edited by Roxxso
  • Upvote 1

Guest Harkness
On 1/29/2017 at 0:30 AM, Roxxso said:

One quick issue I am seeing with the game that I don't like is, chat is blocked way too much after a match.  You can never see the chat window unless you hit 'enter' and it's impossible to chat post game.  I want to be able to talk to people and, considering how short matches already are, you need to leave the chat window open at all times.

Also, not being able to look at upgrades during the match into also sucks.  You have little to no time to think about what you want at the start of a match before it begins.  After seeing the intro enough times, I don't need to be locked into it EVERYTIME.  Please fix some of these issues.

(...also.... it's not Christmas anymore.  You know what I mean)

We do know what you mean and the decor will be gone with the new update ;)

As for the upgrade garage being available during the intro, that's an interesting one. I'll have to check if it's doable, but it does make sense.

Cheers for the comments.

When a player goes AFK, replace him with a bot. Almost every game I have played, has at least one AFK Player in it.

Having AI take over for AFK Players would greatly increase my enjoyment on this game.

Also -- If the Queue time is over 6 minutes, fill in the left-over spots with AI. I've been currently sitting in queue for 30 minutes.

If the Queue time is 10+ Minutes, I would normally just log out, but I'm multitasking so I don't mind waiting in Queue.

But, I would think most players would exit the game if they saw 10+ minutes Queue Time. If you launched the game with AI after 6 minutes of waiting in queue, then at least I could still play. (AI don't really ruin games I don't think)

Example: 5 players log in and join the queue, Queue time says 10+ minutes, 2 of the players exit the game and will play later. 4 more players log in and join the queue. see the 10+ minute queue time. 2 log out. (there are now 6 people in queue, when you could have had a 9 players in queue if they knew they would be able to play a game, but due to long queue times you are losing players)

If instead: 5 players log in, see 6 minute queue time, if more players log in, it will match them against players. But, if those 8 players do not queue by 6 minutes, it will fill in the remaining slots with AI Bots. This way you don't force everyone to log out simply because you don't have 8 players online.

(You currently have what I call the "minimum required players issue" Where because you do not have the minimum required players, players who log in, log out again, which makes it nearly impossible to reach the minimum required players unless you can give them a reason to stay online. Even when there aren't the minimum required players)

Edited by Flatlander
  • Upvote 1

Guest Harkness

Hey Flat. Thanks for your input: We're aware of the issues currently being faced by AFK/Leavers - and are discussing on which is the best solution to implement. Bots taking over is definitely something we're considering.

As for the queue, we had some problems yesterday with the queue - http://steamcommunity.com/games/331360/announcements/detail/501425613886576726

Cheers.

Hello from russia, our little gaming group liked your game a ton. But please, tell me. why? just WHY? The most stylish and badass driver in the whole game "Heavy metal Judge" is so bad. He looks so cool that 70% of our games had one, but Its feels like 4v3 when some poor enemy picks him. Let me explain.

Q- He deals 25-32damage per bullet with a 3-4 max clip. Extremly hard to use gun, people usually hit with only 1 bullet if their target makes any effort to weave a little. Even if you hit them with the full volley you deal miniscule damage for such a feat (75 or 128). What makes it even worse, Q range is too short to compensate for low damage, sniping a wounded bomb carrier from afar is out of question.

Now we get to TempHP part. Long story short, its unusable. Why? because you have to collect scrap to get TempHP. While tailgating someone you might get some TempHP, but you wont need it, your dmg is too low for anyone to give a flying zog about you. While carrying the bomb, you might get some TempHP if enemy vehicle is driving right behind you, AND you turn your vehicle around. SURPRISE! THAT WORKS DIRECTLY AGAINST YOU'R BEST ABILITY- W. 

W- The saving grace of this driver. Rampage is charging you? W got you covered. Rednecks are playing with their magnet? W got you covered. Slow? W. Hard turn? W! But alas, its not enough. Q relentlessly drags you down to trash tier.

R- Remember Q? Same thing but much faster, can actually deal some damage at the final stretch... and nowhere else. If you have to turn, even a little, you lose your aim, and your chance to do any dmg with this hard to charge ult. Also you cant effectively use it while carrying the bomb yourself, because you MUST use your best ability !W! at the final stretch or be dragged into bomb-drop zones.

My suggestions. Make Q give less TempHP, but per enemy hit, not per scrap collected, might give him some survivability. Or make it possible to use W while driving backwards. 

I might not understand this game too well after 50+ games, but this driver seems too weak. Even his own kit does not synergise with itself. AND PLEASE, DO CORRECT ME if im wrong, maybe judge-players and i did not realise his full potential yet.

Sorry if i sound too harsh.This post has a lot of grammar mistakes and hatred in it. Im tired from endless 3-0 streaks caused by those judge players.  

Edited by EnragedOxygen

Hi everybody,

I really like the idea of the game and i enjoy the feel of the game, with the music and the visuals. The main problem for me is that the game is very heavy for my laptop. I would really like an low quality option, with less visual effects etc. for people without gaming pc's.

Guest Harkness
2 hours ago, martijnxs said:

Hi everybody,

I really like the idea of the game and i enjoy the feel of the game, with the music and the visuals. The main problem for me is that the game is very heavy for my laptop. I would really like an low quality option, with less visual effects etc. for people without gaming pc's.

We fully plan to implement video settings in the future, right now the only available two are resolution and full screen/windowed. But yes - optimization and the option to lower graphics will be added ;)

Hey guys!

I would like to point out some things about the championship and the new patch.

First of all, the new patch brought drastic changes, both in the skills of the cars and the method of playing the game. I'm talking about the new bomb here. For such a patch, I myself would like to see some "advanced tutorial", or something similar on how the new bomb works. Because it's quite hard to experience all the changes (for instance, I'm still trying to figure out what does the "bomb fight" mean and what to do with it) while playing, and in the mean time, not to upset your teammates with your bad performance.

Second of all. I think it was a very bad timing for this patch. It should have arrived way sooner, or the tournament's date should have been postponed to later. Because making this big of a change in the game just 1 week before the registration starts, was a bad idea. Those who were experienced players before now have to learn half of the game from the beginning, and it might will affect their performance in the game, therefore, on the championships.

And lastly, I think there are more bugs in the game than a championship could handle. For example, I've read here that someone is not getting 500 gear at start. I never got any gear at start, should I have gotten then? Not to mention the random disconnects, which still weren't handled from what I know. I asked other players, but barely a few experienced them, so most of the community can play without disturbances. But losing a game because one player gets disconnected gives a very bad feeling to the game.

Even after this much negativity, I like the game a lot, the idea, the graphics, the music, the gameplay (even if I'm still in the learning process of this new bomb and nitro system), and you gave me additional excitement with the teams and the championship. Let me add an addon that could make it even better: a forum topic or discord server, where players with no team could write in search for one. Cause I would like to have a full team, but it's hard to find players for it, if you don't have real-life friends who would play this game with you.

All in all, you're doing nice work here, I appreciate it!

Best regards,
Naito

Guest Harkness
2 hours ago, Naito said:

Hey guys!

I would like to point out some things about the championship and the new patch.

First of all, the new patch brought drastic changes, both in the skills of the cars and the method of playing the game. I'm talking about the new bomb here. For such a patch, I myself would like to see some "advanced tutorial", or something similar on how the new bomb works. Because it's quite hard to experience all the changes (for instance, I'm still trying to figure out what does the "bomb fight" mean and what to do with it) while playing, and in the mean time, not to upset your teammates with your bad performance.

Second of all. I think it was a very bad timing for this patch. It should have arrived way sooner, or the tournament's date should have been postponed to later. Because making this big of a change in the game just 1 week before the registration starts, was a bad idea. Those who were experienced players before now have to learn half of the game from the beginning, and it might will affect their performance in the game, therefore, on the championships.

And lastly, I think there are more bugs in the game than a championship could handle. For example, I've read here that someone is not getting 500 gear at start. I never got any gear at start, should I have gotten then? Not to mention the random disconnects, which still weren't handled from what I know. I asked other players, but barely a few experienced them, so most of the community can play without disturbances. But losing a game because one player gets disconnected gives a very bad feeling to the game.

Even after this much negativity, I like the game a lot, the idea, the graphics, the music, the gameplay (even if I'm still in the learning process of this new bomb and nitro system), and you gave me additional excitement with the teams and the championship. Let me add an addon that could make it even better: a forum topic or discord server, where players with no team could write in search for one. Cause I would like to have a full team, but it's hard to find players for it, if you don't have real-life friends who would play this game with you.

All in all, you're doing nice work here, I appreciate it!

Best regards,
Naito

Hi Naito, thanks for your thoughts! As for lags and disconnects, when it happens can you please do a PingPlotter test just so we can rule out connection issues? We have a video up on how to use the new bomb - if you have any specific questions, let me know and I'm happy to help! We're also around on Discord to chat about it. The bomb dispute happens when to people have space held near the bomb, and will only end if only one team remains with space held inside that area. The best thing to do is push your enemies out of the area so your team grabs the bomb.

As for finding teams, people can do so here on our forums. On Steam Forums (Which I've seen a few threads about), and on Discord as well.

As for the 500 metal bug on start, are you sure you never get it? Because if so, please do open a ticket (You can do so at the PingPlotter test page above) and attach your game logs because we definitely need to take a look at that! We also plan to have a pause feature ready for the championship, so if someone dcs, teams can pause and wait until one reconnects.

And lastly, about the timing. That was a very tricky decision for us, believe me. We decided to go ahead with the change because it is something that the Community has been waiting for a long time now, the first discussions around this happened in this very forum last year, and we believe it is a healthy change for the meta and for the game. The experience with the new bomb should be much better than with the old one, so it was done with you, the Community, in mind. Registrations open on July 1st, which also doesn't mean games will start on July second or even on July 8th. You will still have at least a couple weeks in July to play and get used to the new bomb as registrations go on - so I hope that helps mitigate the concern :)

2 minutes ago, Harkness said:

Hi Naito, thanks for your thoughts! As for lags and disconnects, when it happens can you please do a PingPlotter test just so we can rule out connection issues? We have a video up on how to use the new bomb - if you have any specific questions, let me know and I'm happy to help! We're also around on Discord to chat about it. The bomb dispute happens when to people have space held near the bomb, and will only end if only one team remains with space held inside that area. The best thing to do is push your enemies out of the area so your team grabs the bomb.

As for finding teams, people can do so here on our forums. On Steam Forums (Which I've seen a few threads about), and on Discord as well.

As for the 500 metal bug on start, are you sure you never get it? Because if so, please do open a ticket (You can do so at the PingPlotter test page above) and attach your game logs because we definitely need to take a look at that! We also plan to have a pause feature ready for the championship, so if someone dcs, teams can pause and wait until one reconnects.

And lastly, about the timing. That was a very tricky decision for us, believe me. We decided to go ahead with the change because it is something that the Community has been waiting for a long time now, the first discussions around this happened in this very forum last year, and we believe it is a healthy change for the meta and for the game. The experience with the new bomb should be much better than with the old one, so it was done with you, the Community, in mind. Registrations open on July 1st, which also doesn't mean games will start on July second or even on July 8th. You will still have at least a couple weeks in July to play and get used to the new bomb as registrations go on - so I hope that helps mitigate the concern :)

Oh I see now. Thank you for enlightening me about the bomb fight, now I have no more questions about it :D

And also thank your for linking the Steam Forum. It's a bit scattered though. I mean, there are lots of platforms to reach you guys, and lots of places to do stuff. But all places are for different things, and I suppose some of us could use a little "summary" about them somewhere on the main page of the game. It might be just me, who got lost, but I hardly found even the Discord server^^'

About the gear in the beginning, I've played around 10 matches today and I didn't get the gear. However, I migt have gotten it when I was playing from my laptop (now I'm on PC), because the upgrades felt faster when I was playing from it. I didn't look though, for I got used to starting off with 0 gear at the beginning. I thought I was just better at taking kills and received more gear there, but I might have had the 500. I'm not sure. I'm going to open a ticket about this then :)

Thank you for the fast answer!

Guest Harkness

No worries! If you play a specific match where you notice that you don't get the 500 at the beginning, please close the client and save the most recent log (it should be dated with hour/minutes) and attach it to the ticket, we'll take a look!

As for having a lot of places, I can see why you say that, but it's really the fact that we do talk with people all over. The most common one I see is the Steam forums, so we have a list there: http://steamcommunity.com/app/331360/discussions/0/340412628171609176/

1 minute ago, Harkness said:

No worries! If you play a specific match where you notice that you don't get the 500 at the beginning, please close the client and save the most recent log (it should be dated with hour/minutes) and attach it to the ticket, we'll take a look!

As for having a lot of places, I can see why you say that, but it's really the fact that we do talk with people all over. The most common one I see is the Steam forums, so we have a list there: http://steamcommunity.com/app/331360/discussions/0/340412628171609176/

I was trying to open the ticket just now, but the logs are too large even in an archive. So I'll just copy the latest ones. The matches from today, I didn't get the gear, not even once, so I hope they will be good as well^^